Basic admission requirements for NJIT’s Master’s in Civil Engineering program:
- Submit the application for admission.
- Pay the $65 nonrefundable application fee.
- Provide official transcripts and proof of degree from all colleges and universities attended.
- Send official GRE/TOEFL results. Please note: The GRE is required if you do not have an engineering background or if you have an engineering background, but a grade-point average lower than 2.8. All test results must be sent directly to the Office of Graduate Admission from ETS using code 2513.
- Mail one letter of recommendation in a sealed envelope.
- Submit a photocopy of your visa or permanent-resident card (for non-U.S. citizens residing in the United States only).
The Bridge Program is designed for students who do not have an undergraduate background in engineering, allowing them to make up deficiencies by taking a special program that is designed in consultation with the graduate advisor. These courses are not always available online, and are taken in addition to the degree requirements. Please note that the prerequisites for bridge courses must also be met. Bridge requirements vary depending on a review of the applicant’s transcript and will consist of some of the following courses:
|CS 101||Computer Programming and Problem Solving (3-0-3)|
|Econ 265||Microeconomics (3-0-3)|
|Math 112||Calculus II (4-1-4)|
|Math 105||Elementary Probability and Statistics (3-0-3)|
|Mech 320||Statics and Strength of Materials (3-0-3)|
|CE 200||Surveying (3-0-3) and|
|CE 200A||Surveying Laboratory (0-3-1)|
|CE 210||Construction Materials and Procedures (3-0-3)|
|CE 320||Fluid Mechanics (4-0-4)|
|CE 321||Water Resources Engineering (3-0-3)|
|CE 341||Soil Mechanics (3-0-3)|
|CE 350||Transportation Engineering (3-0-3)|
Additional admission requirements for NJIT’s Master’s in Civil Engineering program:
The general GRE is required for all international students and applicants without an UG engineering degree. The minimum score required is 1000 combined in the verbal and the quantitative sections, with a minimum of 650 in the quantitative part and a minimum of 2.0 in Analytical Writing Skills Test.
For the new GRE test, the minimum score required is 135 in the verbal section, a minimum of 151 in the quantitative part, and a minimum of 2.0 in Analytical Writing Skills Test.