Cost of Attendance
Tuition for the 2014-2015 Academic Year*
NJIT’s online Master of Science in Civil Engineering is comprised of 10 courses (30 credits total).
In-State Tuition: Estimated Total: $32,467
In-State Tuition Breakdown:
• Application Fee: $65
• Program fee*: $147 per credit fee (Fall & Spring terms) and $148 per term fee (Summer term)
• Cost per credit (incl. grad certs): $982
eTuition (out of state, graduate level, 100% online): Estimated Total: $36,960
• Application Fee: $65
• Program fee*: $142 per credit fee (Fall & Spring terms) and $148 per term fee (Summer term)
• Cost per credit: $1,132
Note: All tuition and fees are subject to change. We’ve done our best to give you an accurate accounting of the cost of the online Master of Science in Civil Engineering program but encourage you to contact an Enrollment Advisor if you any have questions about tuition, fees, the cost of books, financial aid, or paying for school.
**Fee consists of university fee and student activities fee.
Basic admission requirements for NJIT’s Master’s in Civil Engineering program:
- Submit the application for admission.
- Pay the $65 nonrefundable application fee.
- Provide official transcripts and proof of degree from all colleges and universities attended.
- Send official GRE/TOEFL results. Please note: The GRE is required if you do not have an engineering background or if you have an engineering background, but a grade-point average lower than 2.8. All test results must be sent directly to the Office of Graduate Admission from ETS using code 2513.
- Mail one letter of recommendation in a sealed envelope.
- Submit a photocopy of your visa or permanent-resident card (for non-U.S. citizens residing in the United States only).
A minimum of 30 credits, not including any bridge courses, is required. Candidates must consult with the graduate advisor (not thesis advisor) in designing appropriate programs of study.
Students must attain a minimum GPA of 3.0 in the core courses, and a minimum GPA of 3.0 overall.
Total Credit Hours: 30 credit hours
For the NJIT online Master of Science in Civil Engineering faculty information, click here.
Academic Calendar and Deadlines
For the NJIT Academic Calendar, click here.